14 May 2012

Gumball Machine

I'm a little late to the party on this one, but who cares... if you like something and want to put a spin on it, do it!  A friend had made some recently and I thought it would make a good end-of- the-year Teacher gift.

Simple items:  clay flower pot, glass bowl, clay saucer, flat bottom wooden knob, spray paint and
E-6000 adhesive.


I got everything but the saucer from Hobby Lobby.  I was really picky about finding a saucer that JUST covered the opening on the glass bowl.  I  did not want over hang, so after like 3 stops to different craft places, I finally found a 4.25" saucer at Wal-Mart.  It was painted gloss white and located inside the store, not in the Garden area.


I spray painted the saucer and pot and flat-bottom wooden knob.  Once thoroughly dry, I glued on the knob to the saucer and the glass bowl to the bottom of the flower pot.

Using my Cameo and some vinyl, I cut out a 5 cents sign.


 
Alot of variations out there on the web if you search: gumball machine flower pot.
I think it would be cool to make some mini ones, so I'll be keeping my eyes open for smaller glass bowls.  I'm thinking I will try Garden Ridge.

Linked up with Skip to my Lou, Made by you Mondays.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I haven't seen these before, this is AWESOME!!!! What a great idea, I love it! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete