07 May 2012

Hungry Caterpillar

Well, I thought this was just too cute to pass up.  Only problem.... I have no idea how I'm going to use them!  I was thinking of perhaps a Book Worm Birthday party.  The leaf inside each jar would be the invite.  I think this would be great for a 1st Birthday Party.


I decided to try and make one with purple antennae to look more Eric Carle-ish.  But decided to stick with the brown ones.




Very fast and easy to put together.  I used a hot glue gun to attach 7 -  1/2" green pom poms.  Then attached a 1 inch red pom pom.  I cut out small yellow eyes and used a green marker to draw the eyeballs.  I traced leaf shape onto textured paper, cut out and then used my scallop punch to create munch bites!  Using the metal lid I traced a circle onto patterned paper and inserted under the metal rim of the canning jar.


To see the Pottery Barn version  try this link.

This this linked up to Made By You Mondays by Skip to my Lou.

No comments:

Post a Comment